Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Cosplay WIP: Pentakill Sona (League of Legends) #1

Welcome back everyone :) DarthNancy here!

Yes, yes here is another WIP post! Why so many of these lately, you ask? Because I am trying not to procrastinate on my cosplay projects and I want to get stuff dooooone~! And this way I can update you guys on what I've been up to ;) 

Currently one of my long-awaited cosplay projects is Pentakill Sona. Sona is by far my favorite champion because she was my main when I was playing LoL. This version of Sona is also my favorite because 1) she's a redhead, 2) she is all rocked out, 3) her instrument is totally badass, and 4) her instrument has a raven skull (Ravens are my favorite animal!). So yaaas I am super stocked to finally be doing this!

http://orig03.deviantart.net/a808/f/2014/152/8/8/league_of_legends___sona_pentakill_by_xblackswordman-d7koyvi.png


Corset: The first thing I acquired for this cosplay was a pleather black corset with a zipper in the middle. Sona's corset doesn't have a zipper but it works just fine since her corset has silver trimming down the middle anyway. I will be sewing silver bias tape along the corset's boning and edges to mimic the look of hers. I bought this corset on Amazon.




Skirt and Chains: I will be making the skirt from scratch, however I still haven't decided on what fabric to use for it. I will update you guys as soon as I figure that out :D As far as the chains go, I found some faux chains at Hobby Lobby that are super light weight and perfect for this cosplay! Such a great find! I will be making the spiky ends of the chains from out of Worbla, and I will be adding wire through the chains to make the chains look like they are floating.



Etwal: Sona's Etwal is the most complex and difficult part of this cosplay. So far I only have cut outs for the shape of the main piece and the side blade. A huge thanks to +Pyroleon15 for helping me get the shape of the blade just right! I am actually not 100% sure in what direction I want to go when it comes to this prop. I will either be using EVA foam or expandable foam. I will make sure to get lots of progress photos!


If you guys have any questions, please let me know. More progress posts coming soon~ 

   Star Wars Font


















No comments:

Post a Comment