Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Cosplay WIP: Rider (Fate/Saty Night) #1

Welcome to another WIP post everyone ^_^ DarthNancy here!

I am excited to show you what I have so far for my Rider cosplay! I have loved Rider since I first saw her in the original Fate anime, and loved her even more when I read the Fate/Stay Night visual novel. This has been a planned cosplay for YEARS! And finally it is going to happen! So psyched! 



Keep in mind that I decided to go the "easy" route with Rider. I am not sewing her dress or gloves. Instead I bought things online that I could alter. This is the better method for me right now as I don't really have the time to sew these from scratch.


Dress: I bought this dress (which I have yet to receive) on AliExpress (I can't find the item anymore, sadly). It is a pleather A-line mini dress, very similar to Rider's. My plan is to add the purple trim to along the neckline and that should be it! :D



Boots: Rider wears thigh high boots. They look like socks, but they are boots. I cold have gone with using long boot covers over shoes, but I decided to instead buy thigh high pleather boots to match the dress. These are a tad shorter than Rider's but I can make then appear longer when I add the purple trimming at the top. I bought these on Amazon, if you are curious (thanks to AldyAlvv for the info on these, since these are the boots she is using for her Mistletoe LeBlanc cosplay).

Gloves: Like the other things I decided to buy pleather gloves that I could eventually alter since Rider's gloves are quite peculiar. I'm not sure how I feel about these yet because the pleather seems quite different from the pleather of the dress/boots. But I will see how they look once I get the dress.



Mask: The first thing I am working on is her eye mask. Right now I am just playing around with the general shape of the mask as well as the shape and arrangement of the details. I am going to be making all of Rider's trimmings/bracelets and the mask out of EVA and craft foam!






More Rider progress coming soon ^_^
Star Wars Font


No comments:

Post a Comment