Saturday, May 14, 2016

Cosplay Spotlight: Shizuku (Hunter xHunter)

Hello Generation of Cosplay!
Today I have a special treat for you~ A full spotlight of my Shizuku cosplay!

This is a cosplay that has grown on me a lot. Firstly, I am such a huge fan of Hunter x Hunter! It has definitely become one of my favorite anime/manga of all time! And Shizuku is one of my favorite characters! She is quiet and doesn't have a big role in the series, but she charmed me either way! Her ability to summon a crazy demon-looking vacuum and the fact that she wears glasses is so cool too! As soon as I saw Shizuku, I knew I wanted to cosplay her! So here's all the info you need to know about my Shizuku cosplay ^_^




Deme-Chan/Vacuum: The most important part of this costume is the very unique vacuum prop. I have a full tutorial on how I made this, so you can check that out HERE.

Clothes: Shizuku has an insanely simple outfit, so you don't even have to sew anything! I bought a black turtleneck shirt online, and just used jeans I already had! 

Glasses: I bought my oversized glasses super cheap on eBay!

Shoes: Shizuku has green shoes in the same color as her vacuum, I bought some white shoes from Target andcpainted them with acrylic paint. Turned out pretty well!~

Necklace and Bracelets: For both the necklace and bracelets, I used gold chains that I got at Joann's. One packet was good for the necklace and another packet was good for the two bracelets. I made the cross by hand drawing it out and tracing it onto Worbla. The cross is two layers of worbla with craft foam in between. Then I just sprayed the cross gold and voila!

Wig: The wig I have I bought on eBay and it was sold specifically as a Shizuku wig. I don't *love* it, but it works. I really need to go back and style it more Dx

Contacts: The contacts I am using for Shizuku are the Vassen Colour Pink Brown lenses. They are like a neutral pinky color. 






I really love wearing Shizuku! I am very happy with how she turned out ^_^
   Star Wars Font

1 comment: