Sunday, September 27, 2015

Circle Lens Review: Revo Colour White Mesh Lens

Hi Generation of Cosplayers! 


As I mentioned in this week's Tip Tuesday, circle lenses are quite important for cosplaying. You certainly don't have to wear contacts when you cosplay, but if you do plan to, being aware about brands and colors is extremely important. That's where I, DarthNancy, come in! I want to share my experiences with circle lenses to give you all a better idea of what circle lenses are good and which are not. Today, I will be giving you my two cents on these really crazy White Mesh lenses by Revo Colour that I purchased on Honey Color. These are the lenses I use for my Hyuuga Hianta cosplay~


Close up view; you can see the mesh texture that allows you to see a bit through the lenses.


White out lenses like these are not the most comfortable to wear. They impair vision because they cover your pupil; unlike traditional lenses, the inner part is not clear so you won't be able to see as well with this ones. However, the mesh texture allows you to see through the holes so you are able to see a little bit. The best way I can describe your vision while wearing this is like trying to see through a very thick fog. You can see outlines of objects, but everything looks smokey and it's hard to decipher small details. It is also worth mentioning that vision is decreased with the more light there is. So basically, you will be able to see better in darker rooms versus in sunlight/well-light rooms.

Although these are not the most uncomfortable lenses in the world, they are also not casual-wear lenses. I can tolerate wearing these for about 2-3 hours before I feel like I really need to take them out. They are not painful or anything like that, but I can constantly feel the lenses. They also dry out my eyes quite a bit, so eye drops are a must!

As far as the way they look, I have to give them 5 stars. These lenses look really great! Close up, you can see the mesh texture, but the texture lenses when you get farther away. And in pictures you can't see the mesh at all. These lenses look really legit, while still giving you some form of vision. Other solid white out lenses leave you pretty much blind. So these are great for being able to walk around without need for someone to guide you through a crowd.




Price: 4/5
Vision: 4/5
Comfort: 3/5

Overall Rating: 4/5

Final Thoughts: Even though these are not the most comfortable or practical for walking around a convention, they offer a very specific look for my Hinata cosplay that I love. Even though they can look kind of creepy, I really like the effect they give my cosplay as a whole. If you are looking for that same effect, I highly suggest checking these out! Of course, make sure to always take care to use proper lens care!


See you next time ^_^
Star Wars Font



No comments:

Post a Comment