Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tip Tuesday #2: Circle Lenses

Hello Generation of Cosplayers!
Here's another Tip Tuesday! ^_^ 

Today's topic is...circle lenses!

Part of cosplaying is trying to look like another person, usually like an animated character. Animated characters many times have unnatural hair colors and eye colors, which is why we use wigs and contacts to try to look as close as we can to the character. Circle lenses are insanely popular with cosplayers. Not only do they change you eye color, but they give the illusion of bigger eyes (much like animated characters). But if you have never worn or purchased lenses before, where do you begin?

I am wearing the EOS Dolly Eye Green lenses

When I first started cosplaying, I had never even worn regular lenses before and I was very wary of using circle lenses!!! Of course, you do not have to wear lenses if you do not want to. I was a bit of a perfectionist though and I wanted to get the full transformation for my cosplays. I started by doing a bit of reasearch on the best places to buy circle lenses. Personally, my favorite places to shop for circle lenses are Honey Color and Pinky Paradise. The lenses are not too expensive and the customer service is great! I actually purchased the White Mesh Lens I use for my Hinata cosplay on Honey Color~!


Here is where I want to leave of my biggest tip for today: if you are using circle lenses make sure to follow the proper procedure on how to wear them. Make sure you always keep your lenses in solution and that you use clean hands to put your lenses on. Don't wear circle lenses for too long, and always take them off if your eyes start to feel strained. Most circle lens websites will have an FAQ page on how to properly wear and take care of lenses, so please take the time to look for that page and read the directions! Circle lenses are so much fun, but an eye infection is not! So please take care of your eyes!

You don't want to end up like Itachi!


See you next time ^_^
Star Wars Font

No comments:

Post a Comment