Sunday, September 20, 2015

Cosplay WIP: ANBU Hinata #1

Hi guys!
DarthNancy here ^_^

I mentioned on Instagram that I've been wanting to create other versions of Hyuuga Hinata because my Hinata cosplay is by far my favorite. There were two versions I want to create, older mom Hinata and a non-canon ANBU version of her. From the comments I received on that post, I decided to do ANBU Hinata first! Since I literally just decided to do this, I also thought it would be a good idea to create posts going through my cosplay-making process. I am in step 4 of my process (gathering materials), but I wanted to share the other steps with you guys so you can see first-hand how I go about creating a cosplay like this one.

Not my image 


Step 1: Choosing a Character to Cosplay
This is pretty easy. I am already cosplaying Hinata and I really wanted to cosplay a different version of her. My brother and one of my friends already have ANBU cosplays so I thought I would join the group!

Step 2: Gathering Reference Images
Since ANBU Hianta is not canon, I went on Google to first find general ANBU images as well as ANBU Hinata fanart. I will share some of my favorite images:






Step 3: Making a List
Once I got a few good images to work with, I made a list of things I need to buy and things I need to make. This way I am organized and I won't miss anything. Look through the images and write down any things you might need for the cosplay.

  1. Blue wig (I already own)
  2. White contacts (I already own)
  3. Sleeves black turtleneck shirt (I already own)
  4. ANBU vest (I need to make, will need supplies)
  5. ANBU arm guards (I need to make, already have supplies)
  6. Black gloves (I need to buy)
  7. Blacks pants (I already own)
  8. Black sandals (I already own)
  9. ANBU mask (I need to make, will need supplies)
  10. Bandages (I need to buy)
  11. Kunai pouch (I already own)
  12. Weapons? (katana, kunai, etc)
So this is a quick list I made when I first decided to make this cosplay (highlighted are the ones I already own). I usually go into more detail but I don't want to bore you guys with those small details. It is important to write what you need to buy (including materials like paints, fabrics, thread, etc) so you don't forget anything. This helps to check off what you have and what you don't. It might seem mundane, but it is helpful. 


I'll post more WIPs as I start to work on the items on my list! I think I'll borrow my brother's ANBU Kakashi stuff to make a first test of ANBU Hinata and see how she'll turn out! I'll make sure to post tutorials of the vest, arm guards, and mask once I have them done!

Any other Naruto fans here?
Star Wars Font









No comments:

Post a Comment